Author Topic: Feeding Guidelines Confusion  (Read 112 times)

kjnew74

Feeding Guidelines Confusion
« on: Jan 11, 2017, 10:11 »
I'm confused by some of the feeding guidelines on this site.  In particular I have entered details for a 6 month old puppy weighing 8kg.  For Lilly's Kitchen wet food it gives daily amount of 185g.  But when I went on the Lilly's Kitchen own website to double check it gives almost double this in their feeding guidelines. Can anyone shed any light? :-\

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Feeding Guidelines Confusion
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2017, 11:00 »
I don't know for sure but companies change recipe and guidelines sometimes. Perhaps the Dog Food Directory is not up to date but I can't say for sure. David would have the answer to this so I will message him. All dogs are different in their dietary needs and in the past  I have found that mine usually need significantly less than advised. Their current food guidelines are 1% to 1.2% of body weight and I find that better than actual quantities.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

Meg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2017, 15:23 »
May I ask you try again on the allaboutdogfood website.
 I've entered the details by moving the slider for weight to 8kg, and age to 0.50yrs.
Then clicked on the "Brand" as 'Lily's Kitchen' and clicked on the "Type of food" as 'Wet complete'.

The results show the amount of Lily's Kitchen (tinned) Chicken Dinner for Puppies is 460g per day.
Also the amount of Lily's Kitchen (trays) Organic Dinner for Puppies is 429g per day.
Hope this helps.

David

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • All About Dog Food
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2017, 10:49 »
Hi kjnew74 and thanks for posting. You’re quite right that our figures were out of date but I was able to correct them yesterday. If you spot any other inaccuracies at all, do please let me know.

xx
Is raw feeding a risk to humans? (previously raw feeding with toddler)

Started by beaglescomeback

25 Replies
Last post Jul 12, 2016, 16:56
by COASTER
xx
Raw Feeding

Started by Louise & Skye The Whippet

13 Replies
Last post Dec 19, 2016, 16:46
by petdoorgal
question
Feeding wet and dry food together