Author Topic: Anyone use Earls from Aldi ?  (Read 2234 times)

Suegee

• View Profile
Anyone use Earls from Aldi ?
« on: Jan 05, 2016, 17:44 »
My 3 yr old Cocker Spaniel is as fussy as they come and I have been through many brands of complete biscuits. But she loves Earls from Aldi, I think because it is softer. The composition on the bag doesnt look great, but I cant see it listed on this site. Any feedback welcome ! Thanks

Tinyplanets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone use Earls from Aldi ?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2016, 19:10 »
Hello and welcome to the forum.
 I can't find a list of ingredients to put in the review generator but I remember looking at it once and thinking the ingredients were very like Bakers. They were vague e.g. cereals and animal and vegetable derivatives Also lots of additives. If I recall the meat content was very low. I am guessing that it would not score very highly.

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone use Earls from Aldi ?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2016, 08:38 »
Hello Suegee - welcome to the forum.  There is very simple answer to your query.  Supermarkets tend not to sell good quality dog food and IMHO are best avoided if at all possible.  I am not 100% sure but of the ones that supermarkets sell,  Harringtons scores the highest on the Dog Food Directory of this website.  As a rule of thumb, pet food is best bought from good, dedicated pet supplies shops or online.

Regarding Earls, looking at the website, two issues are immediately obvious.  The price - at £4.99 for 10kg it is very cheap. Usually foods in this price bracket contain a lot of filler and meat derivatives.  Secondly, there is no description.  Look here for information about how to select a suitable dog food.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

xx
Aldi dog food

Started by Dottie

10 Replies
Last post Nov 16, 2017, 08:13
by Dottie
xx
Aldi langhams grain free

Started by Dids123

1 Replies
Last post May 02, 2018, 11:42
by Dottie