Author Topic: Help with choosing food  (Read 208 times)

LisaMc

• View Profile
Help with choosing food
« on: Aug 21, 2019, 21:16 »
Hi I’m looking for some advice on what to feed my puppy. She was raised on raw by her breeder but went off it and refused to eat it - I’ve tried different makes . Have now also tried Lily’s kitchen and forthglade wet foods but  I dont think she likes the texture (like pate and smooth) the only thing she’ll eat is chinks of cooked meat and I’m concerned she’s not getting all the nutrients she needs. Does anyone know which other foods I can try that have chunkier texture any other suggestions greatly appreciated thank you

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Help with choosing food
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2019, 07:16 »
Hello and welcome to the forum. Please can you let us know how old your puppy is and what breed?  This could be something to do with teething and sore gums.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

LisaMc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2019, 23:13 »
Thanks for your reply Dottie! Lola is a 14 week old cavapoo - she wolfed down the last of the cats chunky food in gravy before I could whip it out of the way so wondering what food with a good nutritional content might be similar texture. Or any other advice really welcome

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 23, 2019, 13:28 »
At that age it’s possible that her mouth is sore due to teething. However, it’s important not to allow her to become a fussy eater. We have a thread about this here.

I can’t help you regarding wet food texture because I have only used a very few varieties and I don’t know the exact texture of the cat food. It might be better to decide whether you want to use dry or wet food then use the Dog Food Directory filters to narrow down the search. Dry food can be moistened to make it easier for the dog just while the gums are sore. If you need any help using the Directory please ask and we will try to help.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

question
choosing the right puppy food

Started by looneydoone

3 Replies
Last post Dec 21, 2015, 16:50
by Tinyplanets
xx
Natural Food Company causing odd runny bottom need 20% protein but good food!

Started by JacksMum

3 Replies
Last post Aug 09, 2017, 10:13
by dozemi
xx
All about our dog's DRY food -What type of DRY food are you feeding nowadays ?

Started by Meg

19 Replies
Last post Sep 09, 2019, 19:45
by Pam501
xx
Help find dog food using packaging as an aid? - so how is your dog food packed?

Started by Meg

7 Replies
Last post Sep 20, 2017, 22:13
by Meg
xx
Food is Food? Apparently wrong.

Started by Shadowman12

4 Replies
Last post Nov 22, 2015, 19:46
by LS25Lee