Author Topic: Markus Muhle and other cold pressed dog food  (Read 59824 times)

Carra-Pet Foods

• Manufacturer
    • View Profile
Re: Markus Muhle and other cold pressed dog food
« Reply #225 on: Mar 08, 2018, 13:33 »
Interestingly there's no hurry to use these bags as the best before date is 16th June 2019! So maybe we could revisit CP after a break. Always thought CP food had a short life span.....

A lot of pressed foods do have short shelf life. Prins were the first that I'm aware of to have an increased shelf life, without the need to add any preservatives to the food. Prins were able to do this due to a unique way in which they package and seal their food. It would be interesting to find out how Forthglade/Jonkers are achieving this shelf life. And purely speculating, increasing the shelf life of their products may have been the reason why Forthglade changed manufacturer.

My previous offer of a sample of our food still stands if you wanted to give your dog another go on pressed food.

AstraNine

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: Mar 08, 2018, 13:55 »

My previous offer of a sample of our food still stands if you wanted to give your dog another go on pressed food.

Thanks. Will contact you via PM once we have her foods stabilized again.

Meg

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: Mar 10, 2018, 01:51 »
Looks like our CP phase has come to an end, she is now refusing to eat CP food completely....... will eat kibble if covered in sardines!
Bless her! I wonder if it may be that the cold pressed food may have been just a tad harder for her to manage in one of her meals. For example cold pressed as a compressed, compact and as a result, harder, pellet for her to bite through and/or swallow by comparison to kibble. 

It may be that she has a sensitive area of her mouth or perhaps a sensitive tooth as this would explain why she has suddenly refused harder food. Dogs can be brave and tough and tend to brazen through life yet it may be prudent to check her mouth to see if anything is awry.
Memories of any discomfort whilst eating could further influence her choice of food (hopefully for a short while) and I'd continue to feed her soft food for now.

Seaweed

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: Jul 13, 2018, 12:42 »
Cobbydog, grain free Optimum Chicken cold pressed dog food with " TurmerAid". Manufactured in the UK.
https://www.cobbydog.com/products.aspx?product=Cold+pressed+dog+food

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: Jul 13, 2018, 15:48 »
That’s a first - well spotted Seaweed. It is something we have been waiting for here in the UK.  Hopefully they will expand the range to include a brown rice version. It is a tad pricey though at £31.50p for 5kg. I like the 42% protein and the analysis - 32% protein and low fat - 9%. Wondering if this would make it highly suitable for weight loss.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

Seaweed

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: Jul 13, 2018, 16:02 »
Dottie, it seems Wilsons Pet food (Perthshire) are also bringing out a cold pressed dog food.
https://www.patshow.co.uk/exhibitors?&azletter=W&searchgroup=00000001-exhibitors

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: Jul 13, 2018, 16:49 »
I’ve been waiting for UK companies to invest in this manufacturing method. I expect that cold pressed food will become more popular as a result of  having a home base. Will be interesting to see what Wilson’s come up with recipe-wise. 
Well spotted Seaweed.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

AstraNine

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: Jul 13, 2018, 17:21 »
Its good news. I just hope other manufacturers offer something other than chicken.

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: Jul 13, 2018, 19:31 »
Yes, more variety is good. What I would like to see is a range of brown rice ones including turkey, venison and fish.  I have to pick through the current ones because some contain white potato in various forms. I also wish they would sell 2kg or 2.5kg bags so we could give them a change. 5kg lasts a long time with my two little dogs.

AstraNine

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: Jul 14, 2018, 11:09 »
Yes, more variety is good. What I would like to see is a range of brown rice ones including turkey, venison and fish.  I have to pick through the current ones because some contain white potato in various forms. I also wish they would sell 2kg or 2.5kg bags so we could give them a change. Many years ago I used to feed JWB and that was one thing I liked about it - the dogs had a regular change of food without upsetting their digestion. 5kg lasts a long time with my two little dogs.

Variety is always good. But I sincerely hope whomever makes these products do some market research and price their products sensibly. Forthglade CP is expensive IMO as is TLC and if Cobbydog think they are seliing me 5kgs for an eye watering £31.50 then they are bonkers!

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: Jul 14, 2018, 14:25 »
Cobbydog orders over 3kg are free p&p (if I have read it correctly) so that makes it a bit cheaper as delivery is usually in the region of £3.50p. According to the Instant Review Generator the score is 4.8. This reflects the high meat content and no red ingredients. Bearing in mind the quality and low feeding amounts, the price might be acceptable to some people. It’s certainly not the most expensive in that category. Grain free seems to be popular these days so this recipe might well attract pet owners, despite the price.

I suppose that setting up a manufacturing base in the UK has involves significant investment so this mIght account for the pricing. They will be competing with Markus Muhle NaturNah on Bitiba/Zooplus. Currently on Zooplus it is £11.99 for a 5kg bag. P&P on top of that.

Edit: I had forgotten about Lukullus from Zooplus. There are three varieties and can be purchased in 2 x 1.5kg trial bags. Bit more expensive but useful if the dog has issues and the the owner is not sure whether it will suit.

Seaweed

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: Aug 29, 2018, 12:37 »
Some news on the forthcoming Wilsons cold pressed dog food.
https://www.petbusinessworld.co.uk/news/feed/wilson-s-scores-a-hat-trick-at-pats

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: Aug 29, 2018, 13:11 »
Thank you Seaweed. Look forward to seeing the full recipes. Glad to see that they are producing a 2.5kg bag.

Tinyplanets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: Aug 30, 2018, 19:26 »
Yes good to see another cold pressed food in the smaller bags ;D

Seaweed

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: Sep 24, 2018, 09:52 »
Wilsons Pet Food have launched their new website. Their cold pressed dog food is now available.
https://www.wilsonspetfood.co.uk/product-category/cold-pressed-dog-food/

xx
Lukullus cold pressed dog food

Started by All_about_Chutney

5 Replies
Last post Feb 12, 2016, 05:03
by Dottie
xx
How to switch from dry extruded to cold pressed food

Started by Rila

11 Replies
Last post Feb 26, 2017, 21:37
by Dottie
xx
Cold pressed options in UK for dry complete food?

Started by Howlingbrown

1 Replies
Last post Sep 14, 2018, 20:46
by Dottie
xx
Storing cold pressed dog food non airtight

Started by LS25Lee

20 Replies
Last post Feb 06, 2016, 18:36
by LS25Lee
xx
Cold pressed & Raw.....