Author Topic: Markus Muhle and other cold pressed dog food  (Read 70745 times)

ofs

• View Profile
Re: Markus Muhle and other cold pressed dog food
« Reply #120 on: Mar 18, 2017, 07:41 »
Dogloversgold changed the formulas for their cold pressed food, plus now they've got a new fish variety http://www.dogloversgold.eu/eu/en/.
This is the new  "Cold pressed formula"
Composition:22% Chicken (chicken meal 12%, chicken 10%), brown rice 19%, dried potato 18.6%, peas 10%, chicken fat 6%, sweet potato 5%, dried lamb 3%, dried salmon 3%, eggs 2%, salmon oil 2%, brewer’s yeast 2%, flax seed 2%, carob pods 2%, inulin (FOS) 0.3%, minerals 0.3%, carrot 0.25%, nettle 0.25%, echinacea 0.25%, tomato 0.2%, apple 0.2%, mango 0.2%, prunes 0.2%, banana 0.2%, thyme 0.2%, basil 0.2%, spirulina 0.2%, cranberry 0.2%, celery 0.15%, probiotics: enterococcus faecium 0.02%, glucosamine 0.01%, chondroitin 0.01%.
Analytical constituents:Crude Protein: 24%, Crude Fat: 14%, Crude Fibre: 4.5%, Crude Ash: 6.9%, Calcium: 1.2%, Phosphorus: 0.8%.
Nutritional Additives (/kg):Vitamin A (alfa-retinyl acetate): 18.000 IU, Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol): 1.800 IU, Vitamin E (all-rac alpha-tocopheryl acetate): 400 IU, Copper (Cupric(II)sulphate pentahydrate): 10 mg, Copper (Cupric chelate of glycine, hydrate): 5 mg, Zinc (Zinc sulphate, monohydrate): 100 mg, Zinc (Zinc chelate of glycine, hydrate): 50 mg, Iron (Ferrous sulphate, monohydrate): 100 mg, Manganese (Manganous sulphate, monohydrate): 35 mg, Iodine (Calcium iodate, anhydrous): 1 mg. Selenium (Sodium selenite): 0.2 mg. Taurine: 600 mg, L-carnitine: 100 mg.
Sensorial additives:Yucca schidigera extract: 200 mg. Contains natural antioxidants and preservatives based on rosemary and mixed tocopherol.

Seaweed

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: Apr 11, 2017, 06:02 »
Forthglade Cold Pressed is now available from their website. https://forthglade.com/product-category/dog/dry-dog-food/cold-pressed/

ofs

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: Apr 11, 2017, 20:27 »
I found this cold pressed food in zoo-bio.uk :
Hazy Meadow - Turkey & Trout  https://www.zoo-bio.co.uk/black-canyon/32011-hazy-meadow-turkey-trout
Glen Valley - Duck & Sweet potato https://www.zoo-bio.co.uk/black-canyon/32009-glen-valley-duck-sweet-potato
Has anyone tried them?

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: Apr 17, 2017, 13:29 »
I have only just come across Vetsend.co.uk website -
 they sell the cold pressed dog foods Lupo and Farmfood HE.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

Seaweed

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: Apr 19, 2017, 15:49 »
Dog World newspaper has a feature on cold pressed dog food this week, it say's that Guru will available from Countrywide Farmers from May. Sorry no links.

Meg

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: Apr 20, 2017, 21:58 »
I've a bag of the new Forthglade Cold Pressed (Duck  with Brown Rice) here to try today -  the size of the kibbles are similar to Gentle (standard size not mini), slightly darker in colour than Gentle though not as dark as Markus Muhle NaturNah. Smells fresh when you open the bag and if anything slightly meadowy/grassy. Has a use by date of 7½ months......and more importantly first small 'tasters' were gobbled with relish!!

https://forthglade.com/product/duck-with-brown-rice-cold-pressed-dry-dog-food/

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: Apr 21, 2017, 10:39 »
I will be interested to hear how you get on with it.  My experience is that in the absence of any protein intolerances the dogs can have different varieties of cold pressed food with no digestive problems, although the ones I have used all contain brown rice.  Haven't tried the few grain free ones that are on the market.   I find the ingredient lists quite interesting as they are so unusual, particularly the herbs such as horsetail and walnut leaves.  Also, the dried moor.  I managed to find this link about the use of dried moor (or peat).  It is quite interesting.  I have noticed my own dogs sometimes have a little snack when in the woods so they obviously enjoy a bit of dirt!  Luposan also sell a liquid moor - link.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

Seaweed

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Apr 21, 2017, 14:54 »
Interesting links Dottie, perhaps you remember Moor Gold Liquid, well it's still available. https://www.doghealth.co.uk/products/moor-gold

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Apr 21, 2017, 15:31 »
I hadn't heard of that so thank you for the link.  Peat as a feed supplement for animals: a review is an academic article on the subject.  Another soil based ingredient used in cold pressed food is Diatomaceous Earth (kieselgur).  The Dog Food Directory has two cold pressed products that contain it - Lukullus and Markus Muhle Black Angus, plus the wet food AniForte Adult. It is a natural remedy for repelling fleas and parasites. AniForte sell it for this purpose - link but it is powder that should be rubbed through the fur.

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2017, 15:15 »
Newsletter from Gentle, May 2017:
This month's newsletter from Gentle contains useful information about transitioning from extruded kibble to cold pressed food  -  link.  This is useful reading for those who are thinking of moving their dog onto cold pressed food.  The advice given is relevant to the other cold pressed  foods e.g. Markus Muhle NaturNah/Black Angus/Rotwild Hirsch, Guru, Lupo, Lukullus.

Transitioning from extruded food to cold pressed: The advice is not to mix kibble and cold pressed as they break down in in the stomach differently. The transition should be done by giving cold pressed first as treats, then as separate servings, gradually increasing the amount and decreasing the kibble.

Transition from raw:  This can be done immediately as they digest in similar ways. 

Amount: Adult RDA is 1% to 1.2% of ideal body weight. They point out that if the dog suffers from loose stools or is excessively thirsty, the amount should be reduced immediately as it is suggestive of overfeeding.

DeclanjjWhelan

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Jun 15, 2017, 12:55 »
Hi Dottie, what cold pressed brand do you use out of interest? thanks, declan

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Jun 15, 2017, 14:29 »
* Declan - I have moved your post here in order to keep the other thread on track.

Initially I used Gentle original - that was a few years ago. Have also once used Markus Muhle NaturNah. They are all good products, made by the same company.  I like the brown rice/white potato free ones so currently using Guru Surf and Turf. Forthglade, Lukullus and Rotwild look good and I would be ok with any of them but I have a couple of issues with one of my two dogs. She is stable right now so I'm wary of rocking the boat.   I tend to reduce the amount of cold pressed slightly and give a little home cooked food for variety. They're having cooked veg and chicken or fish for lunch this week because the eldest has put a bit of weight on - it's like Weight Watchers central here! LOL 

I just wish that all of the cold pressed companies would manufacture 2kg bags and provide a bit more variety. Would like to have a turkey flavour. Years ago I fed James Wellbeloved and used to buy different flavours so the dogs could regularly have a change. I only have two small pooches these days and as they don't need much, the smallest (5kg) bag seems to last for ages.

Seaweed

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Sep 02, 2017, 17:21 »
Tribal Pet Foods known for their treats are launching a cold pressed dog food, Tribal TLC (Truly Lower Celsius) 2.5kg grain free Turkey recipe, at Pats show later this month. Whether there will be other sizes we will have to wait and see. It does not seem to be on their website at the present. The only news I can find at the moment is at the following link.
https://www.patshow.co.uk/exhibitor-press-releases

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Sep 03, 2017, 08:20 »
Thank you for this information Seaweed. Please could you let us know when you have more information?  AFAIK there is no cold pressed turkey variety so it will be a change. Also, the 2.5kg bag will be helpful for those people who have a small dog or who simply want to try the product.

Seaweed

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: Sep 04, 2017, 17:02 »
To keep the cold pressed thread up to date, as mentioned in the classified section Carra Pet foods are launching the Prins ProCare line of pressed dog foods at Pats show later this month. This includes ProCare Mini for smaller dogs. Good to see the bags start at 3kg.
https://carrapetfoods.co.uk/index.php/about-our-foods

xx
Lukullus cold pressed dog food

Started by All_about_Chutney

5 Replies
Last post Feb 12, 2016, 05:03
by Dottie
question
Wilsons Cold Pressed Dog Food

Started by McvitieMcnuts

2 Replies
Last post Jan 27, 2019, 17:32
by McvitieMcnuts
xx
Concern with Cold Pressed food

Started by Lottie

4 Replies
Last post Jun 03, 2019, 20:04
by Lottie
xx
Cold pressed options in UK for dry complete food?

Started by Howlingbrown

1 Replies
Last post Sep 14, 2018, 20:46
by Dottie
xx
Storing cold pressed dog food non airtight

Started by LS25Lee

20 Replies
Last post Feb 06, 2016, 18:36
by LS25Lee