Author Topic: Markus Muhle and other cold pressed dog food  (Read 91552 times)

dheepakh

• Retailer
    • View Profile
Re: Markus Muhle and other cold pressed dog food
« Reply #270 on: Aug 19, 2020, 17:04 »
Can anyone please comment on Tribal cold pressed pet food's unique cooking process of employing fresh meat instead of dried meat which I have seen in almost all other cold pressed dog food brands?

Because I recently heard from a cold pressed UK manufacturer that fresh meat can't be included in cold press technique.

So where are they manufacturing it?

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: Aug 19, 2020, 21:06 »
We used to have a representative from Tribal who posted occasionally but hasn't been on the forum for some time.  I understood that cold pressed foods contain dried, ground meat/fish.  I think it would be best to contact Tribal direct for more information about their choice of fresh fish/poultry.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

dheepakh

• Retailer
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: Aug 20, 2020, 16:26 »
Yeah, maybe I should contact them.

Because I got in touch with Cobby dog and got the below reply :

"It is not possible to incorporate fresh meat into the cold press technology and achieve at least 9 months shelf life".

As their products have 9 months of shelf life, they are not sure how this is made. In fact, across the whole UK and Europe Cold-pressed brands, tribal was the first brand to achieve this (if I am not wrong) so was curious to see their new method. I hope David will be able to throw some light in this matter.

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: Sep 06, 2020, 09:55 »
Another cold pressed food has come onto the market:  Walker and Drake.  Three varieties - chicken, duck and fish.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: Sep 09, 2020, 00:01 »

Seaweed

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: Sep 09, 2020, 08:55 »
Nora Nose Best, Cold Pressed dog food (UK). https://boneidol.co.uk/pages/nora-nose-best

Nora Nose Best, Chicken & Vegetables with Seaweed.
Composition
Dried ground chicken (28.6%) sweet potato, peas, chicken oil, tapioca, beet pulp, dried ground chicken liver, carrot, seaweed, L carnitine (50 mg/kg), DL methionine (700 mg/kg), L-Tryptophan (500 mg/kg), MOS (400 mg/kg), Yucca Schidigera, chicory, inulin, natural antioxidants, rosemary extract.

Nora Nose Best | Salmon & Wild Ocean Fish & Vegetables with Seaweed.
Composition
Dried ground salmon (18%), sweet potato, peas, dried ground white fish (16.23%), tapioca, chicken oil,dried ground chicken liver, beet pulp, salmon oil, seaweed, carnitine (50 mg/kg), DL methionine (200 mg/kg), MOS (400 mg/kg), yucca schidigera, chicory, inuline, natural antioxidants, rosemary extract.

Rachael

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: Sep 14, 2020, 10:31 »
Hi,

Hope you're all well. I've got a couple of questions about cold pressed food...

1. Is cold pressed food cooked twice? Are all the raw ingredients cooked at a high temperature before being pressed into a pellet shape at around 40 degrees?
2. Does anyone know why Tribal is rated lower than Guru Surf + Turf and Gentle Original? Is the lower protein content?

Thanks!

Rachael

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: Sep 14, 2020, 20:24 »
Hello Rachael. AFAIK cold pressed food is not cooked twice. The ingredients that need to be cooked to prevent salmonella etc are said to be 'gently cooked'. The exception to this is those that contain ingredients that need higher temperatures to cook properly eg brown rice. They are mixed together after the appropriate preparation and then cold pressed. There is discussion on the process within this thread - Greg refers to it on page 3 - link.

Since this thread was started some UK companies have started to make cold pressed food and I don't know what their manufacturing process is so if you are interested in these it would be best to contact them.

The computer algorithm that generates the nutritional score looks at ingredients, percentages and clear labelling amongst other things. I have just used the comparison tool for Guru Surf and Turf and Tribal adult. They are very close - 91% and 84% respectively so are both good products. The latter is grain free.  Guru contains a few extra ingredients including fruit and vegetables.  It has an interesting mix of oils too.

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: Oct 23, 2020, 23:39 »
The protein options of cold pressed food are increasing. Gentle has a version with goat meat and another with fish. Link.

Naturavetal sell rabbit, lamb and salmon versions. Link.

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: Nov 13, 2020, 20:15 »
A new cold pressed food on the market is Hug Pet Food.

xx
Concern with Cold Pressed food

Started by Lottie

4 Replies
Last post Jun 03, 2019, 20:04
by Lottie
xx
Lukullus cold pressed dog food

Started by All_about_Chutney

5 Replies
Last post Feb 12, 2016, 05:03
by Dottie