Author Topic: Regency feeds dog food question, composition inside...  (Read 1044 times)

Wizzi07

• View Profile
Hi I’ve searched the forum but can’t seen to find any info about regency feeds dog food. The composition is

Composition: Poultry Meat Meal (26.0%), Rice (26.0%), Whole Maize, Poultry Oil, Sugar Beet, Whole Oats, Brewers Yeast, Whole Linseed, Fish Meal, Mixed Herbs (0.5%), Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), Mannan-oligosaccharides (MOS), Joint Care (Glucosamine, Chondroitin & MSM) (0.08%), Extract of Yucca Schidigera. Nutritional Additives (per kg): Vitamin A: 30,000iu/kg, Vitamin D3: 3,000iu/ kg Vitamin E: 125mg/kg (as alpha tocopherol). Trace elements: Ferrous sulphate monohydrate: 200mg/kg, Zinc sulphate monohydrate: 139mg/kg, Manganese sulphate monohydrate: 80mg/kg, Cupric sulphate pentahydrate: 30mg/kg, Calcium iodate anhydrous: 2.45mg/kg, Sodium selenite: 0.22mg/kg Analytical constituents: Crude Protein 24%, Crude Oils and Fats 14%, Crude Fibre 2%, Crude Ash 6%.

How does this compare with other foods and would you recommend it.. please bare in mind I can’t afford £80+ per bag of food and raw feeding isn’t a option
Thanks, Tom :)

Tinyplanets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Regency feeds dog food question, composition inside...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2017, 17:24 »
Hello and welcome to the forum. I put the list through the generator and it came out with a 3.2. This is an average rating.  I am sorry I don't have any experience with Regency food. 

To give yourself some more options you can  look at  this thread  to see how to search for a suitable food. It should give you some ideas. I hope this helps.  You can put your budget in and any other specifications and see which foods match. Good Luck.

Wizzi07

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2017, 17:37 »
Thankyou for your reply!  How does a 3.2 compare to the more well known brands ingredients ie James wellboloved etc? And where Can I find the generator?
Thanks

Tinyplanets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2017, 18:32 »
James Wellbeloved, Arden grange, have a very similar rating.

You can find the review generator by going to the top of this page, click on foods, then click on instant review generator. You can then just enter the ingredients and click to get a rating. Also on that drop down box is the dog food directory where you can search for foods by entering your requirements. See the link in my last reply for instructions how to use this.

What kind of price range are you looking at? You can get some higher rated foods at a reasonable price.
EG  you can get Markus Muhle cold pressed food for 47p per day which scores 4.5 compared to James wellbeloved  for 77p per day with a 3.3 rating. I think that is for a 15kg dog . see here

COASTER

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2017, 20:33 »
If feeding kibble I would ideally avoid main protein described as meal. Rice content is significant - some like feeding similar grain amounts others not & some prefer grain free. Personally I am not a huge fan of feeding kibble with maize or sugar beet.

Not saying to avoid, however, personally I would rather feed other products if given a choice.

xx
Inside the lab of wormcount.com

Started by Seaweed

1 Replies
Last post Jun 23, 2017, 00:00
by Meg
xx
Hello and yet another puppy food question!

Started by elastic

2 Replies
Last post Jun 11, 2016, 16:00
by Tinyplanets
xx
Composition & labels on well rated foods

Started by COASTER

24 Replies
Last post Jan 09, 2017, 12:45
by David
xx
Question about dog health