Author Topic: Storing cold pressed dog food non airtight  (Read 16115 times)

COASTER

• View Profile
Re: Storing cold pressed dog food non airtight
« Reply #15 on: Feb 06, 2016, 11:32 »
Just found these.....

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/cream-laundry-hamper--60l-254621

http://www.thebasketcompany.com/laundry-baskets-c6/antique-wash-square-wicker-laundry-basket-p208/s395?gclid=CLjCiKqF48oCFUnnwgodmxcDqg

Second linked item might need liner removal but hopefully folk will see where I am coming from.

Basically ventilated laundry bins. Bag of food could sit inside same. There are various designs with larger or smaller holes. I wont list every laundry basket out there.

Bag standing alone (away from dogs), should be fine, but adequately ventilated laundry baskets might be a consideration for anyone wanting discreet or even OCD storeage.

For most the main concerns of open bags are probably dogs getting in, bags getting knocked over or ripped when knocked into with other objects (ironing boards, boxes, boots etc).

I would aim to continue using the product bag (within any other well ventilated outer storeage solution) as I suspect the bags may be specifically manufactured with the cold pressed shelf life in mind..

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Feb 06, 2016, 14:11 »
Gosh, there are some great ideas in those links - thank you so much.  I approve of the laundry basket idea, keeping the product in it's own thick paper bag.  For me it would give extra security just in case there is a mouse scurrying about - I haven't seen any but we live next to a field and farmland so you never know!  Also like the clips.  Well done for solving the problem!   ;D
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Feb 06, 2016, 15:43 »
I posted about this thread on our Facebook page and the Guru Pet Food page and have received this answer from the latter:
Thanks for pointing this out. You must have read our minds...Aproximately 2 months ago we changed our bags to a re-closable top with Velcro. This means the food is breathable in the bag and keeps it in tip top condition.

With this particular product it seems that it is best to keep it in its own bag.  Thank you to Guru for the prompt and informative reply.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

Seaweed

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Feb 06, 2016, 16:09 »
The laundry basket is a good idea and it gets the bag off the floor, the more I think about it, the more I like it. Perhaps with rattan effect for smaller holes. Hopefully keeping any opportunist mouse at bay. Great work Coaster.

LS25Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Feb 06, 2016, 18:36 »
I also like this idea, especially for the 15kg bags as trying to fit 15kg of food, in its bag,  into a 15kg dry food box is going to be hard work..... Tell you something else that may work is those collapsible plastic rectangular baskets. I use one for my recycling but if you had one perhaps on another so quite high then pop the food in it in its own bag it would probably stand quite snug. Then with a bulldog clip on the top.

These are what I mean

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/3329661.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:17470457553|tsid:59157|cid:199887753|lid:121788443313|nw:g|crid:74692316673|rnd:13732527546021790143|dvc:m|adp:1o1|bku:1&gclid=Cj0KEQiA0Na1BRDlkqOcyczng5cBEiQAnEDa2BH_JRDUYuMik7hL57EXR_tzbd0loGjbg7zdexNzwLkaAjc-8P8HAQ

question
Wilsons Cold Pressed Dog Food

Started by McvitieMcnuts

2 Replies
Last post Jan 27, 2019, 17:32
by McvitieMcnuts
xx
Concern with Cold Pressed food

Started by Lottie

4 Replies
Last post Jun 03, 2019, 20:04
by Lottie
xx
Lukullus cold pressed dog food

Started by All_about_Chutney

5 Replies
Last post Feb 12, 2016, 05:03
by Dottie
xx
Cold pressed options in UK for dry complete food?

Started by Howlingbrown

1 Replies
Last post Sep 14, 2018, 20:46
by Dottie
xx
Markus Muhle and other cold pressed dog food

Started by dieseldog

255 Replies
Last post Jun 30, 2019, 06:38
by Petmum