Author Topic: All things start with diet  (Read 2794 times)

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: All things start with diet
« Reply #15 on: Jul 02, 2018, 13:22 »
Thank you very much for reposting. I am sorry that the original post was lost. It was as a result of server problems described here. Unfortunately this occurred more than once.

What a lovely video - Maddie was clearly a much loved dog. It is so sad when they are no longer with us. I hope that you and your wife are beginning to heal after your sad loss. 
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

COASTER

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jul 02, 2018, 15:53 »
Wow...emotional viewing. RIP Maddie.

Petmum

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jul 03, 2018, 13:10 »
Such a beautiful, emotional tribute, she clearly had a wonderful life with you.
I confess to shedding a few tears at this. x

Neilgc69

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jul 06, 2018, 15:23 »
Thank you all for your kind words and yes, she was a very special dog. Sunday morning's, during the warmer months, she knew she went down the local lakes for a swim. We never had her on the lead and she knew exactly where we were going. I was off work for a couple of weeks after William & Kate got married due to having my vehicle off the road (had an accident on that Friday) and so took her round the lakes for a walk. She used to paddle a bit but never swam. I used to throw sticks in for her and encourage her to go in after them. She wanted to go in after them but was so unsure of her feet coming off the ground. It took over a week of taking her down and encouraging her to fetch them before she finally took the plunge. She was all front legs splashing about like you wouldn't believe and I laughed so hard, but I was so pleased and proud of her. She came out (after fetching the stick) and shook all over me, the toad. It's things like that I miss about her.

Perhaps a remembrance section may be idea?

Petmum

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jul 06, 2018, 15:39 »
They make such an impact upon us, I still miss my first dog terribly; we lost him to a brain tumour aged just 4 and I was devastated.

He was a real handful as a pup yet grew into the sweetest boy and I felt robbed when we lost him so young.

To this day I miss how he used to come to the side of my bed each night to say goodnight to me. Sometimes I’d be dozing off but I’d hear his tail gently tapping against the mirror on the wall and as soon as I woke and stroked him he’d happily go off to his own bed.

It’s been nearly 2 years and it does eventually get easier but you always miss those special things about them.

I do hope you’re slowly coming to terms with your loss, I know it’s not easy but I’m glad those happy memories of Maddie are giving you some comfort. X

xx
The best things about the updated AADF website

Started by Dottie

4 Replies
Last post Oct 03, 2014, 19:15
by dieseldog
xx
Raw diet

Started by Scottie

2 Replies
Last post Jul 19, 2017, 06:47
by Dottie