Author Topic: Feeding the fussy dog  (Read 586 times)

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Feeding the fussy dog
« on: Feb 14, 2018, 19:56 »
David has just added a super new article by Roz Pooley to the website. Why is my dog a fussy eater? is well worth reading and should be a useful resource for pet owners who are struggling with this problem.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

Tinyplanets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Feeding the fussy dog
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2018, 18:13 »
That was a really interesting read. Not having a 'fussy dog' I always assumed it was often behavioural. I suppose our dogs can't tell us if the food is making them feel ill.  I also suffer from IBS and only eat wheat very occasionally, so it makes sense that dogs may avoid foods they associate with discomfort :'(

Watching my dog, It is clear that she gets something from chewing fresh new grass and eating it frantically at times, presumably to settle her stomach. She also went through a spell of eating earth clods when she was on one food so I wondered if she was getting something that she was lacking. I changed food and it stopped.

Food for thought indeed.

Meg

• View Profile
Re: Feeding the fussy dog
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2018, 22:28 »
Thanks for giving us the heads up Dottie.

Might I also comment on what is an excellent article - yes, it is well worth reading.   The author draws our attention to plenty of interesting reasons regarding why our dogs may not be enjoying eating their meals as much as we may appreciate...

xx
Fussy eater

Started by clay116

4 Replies
Last post Aug 04, 2015, 19:46
by Tinyplanets
xx
Fussy JRT with possible food allergy

Started by Lise08

4 Replies
Last post Mar 10, 2018, 02:38
by Meg