Author Topic: Food for dog with on-off diarrhea  (Read 6816 times)

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Food for dog with on-off diarrhea
« Reply #15 on: Jan 07, 2015, 19:51 »
I haven't had Lukullus but Gentle pieces are quite small and very easy to crunch - you can snap the pieces in half yourself.  She wouldn't choke on them, that's for sure.  Also, the cold pressed foods are very good softened with warm water.  If you look here you will see the difference between digestion of cold pressed food and kibble.  My lot have perfect poos on this type of food.

Regarding the weight, it might be worth considering letting her have a few rest days or perhaps reducing the exercise to see if that will help her to get up to her expected size.  I have a feeling that even working dogs might not get that amount of exercise on a daily basis. 

Going back to the diarrhoea, this is just a thought but when she is off lead dashing about, is there any chance that she is picking up rubbish to eat?  I only ask because when I have mine off the lead I have to keep a really close eye on them as they will scoff anything they can get hold of.   

I hope that the Pooch and co food helps your dog and that you soon see an improvement.  Please let us know how you get on with it.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

Jib

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jan 08, 2015, 16:07 »
How quickly would you see an allergy as oppose to an intolerance to something in food? I only starting feeding the new food yesterday but my dog woke up with a gloopy eye and has been itching more than usual today. But I'm not sure an allergy would react that quickly? Could be a coincidence

Eden Holistic Pet Foods

• Manufacturer
    • View Profile
    • Eden Pet Foods
« Reply #17 on: Jan 08, 2015, 23:35 »
An allergy would be an immediate response with many symptoms in many parts of the body possible, where an intolerance is more likely to build more slowly with diarrhoea the most likely fist symptom due to colitis

xx
Natural Food Company causing odd runny bottom need 20% protein but good food!

Started by JacksMum

3 Replies
Last post Aug 09, 2017, 10:13
by dozemi
xx
All about our dog's DRY food -What type of DRY food are you feeding nowadays ?

Started by Meg

18 Replies
Last post Sep 14, 2018, 17:07
by Howlingbrown
xx
Help find dog food using packaging as an aid? - so how is your dog food packed?

Started by Meg

7 Replies
Last post Sep 20, 2017, 22:13
by Meg
xx
Food is Food? Apparently wrong.

Started by Shadowman12

4 Replies
Last post Nov 22, 2015, 19:46
by LS25Lee
wink
Best food for a pug