Author Topic: Gastro oesophageal reflux  (Read 9615 times)

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Gastro oesophageal reflux
« Reply #15 on: Aug 01, 2015, 20:58 »
Thank you for your replies.  I hadn't thought of the peas. This episode was quite bad and the poor dog had two days of pain and misery.  I took her back to the vet yesterday morning and whilst she didn't think that there was pancreatitis she took blood, probably to shut me up. The results came back this morning and they are all normal.   :)   She is now eating again and is back on her previous food.  Fingers crossed that she will now be OK.

Chris - glad you got sorted with the food and hope that it is alright.  I was helping a friend of a friend source a sub 20% protein food just yesterday. Her dog has renal disease. Think she went for the Skinners too.  As for treats, I agree - some are very poor indeed. All mine get is sea jerky and a gravy bone at bed time.  The sea biscuits sound very suitable for a bedtime snack.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

chrishordley

• View Profile
Re: Gastro oesophageal reflux
« Reply #16 on: Aug 03, 2015, 14:30 »
Ritz is fine at the moment on four feeds using the Skinners. I am shifting to 60:40 division between main meal and secondary. His weight has held which I am pleased about but not totally happy about the quality of Skinners but at least it has a short ingredient list. I am tempted to think that some feeds are produced to impress the humans buying it.