Author Topic: hello - best food for itchy dog please!! (problems with Acana)  (Read 9133 times)

tabelmabel

• View Profile
UPDATE!!!!

Hello everyone!  I have now trialled Fish for Dogs and The Natural Dog Food Company and the winner is . . . . . .The Natural Dog Food Company (adult chicken flavour)

Fish for Dogs was fairly well tolerated with itching reduced to an acceptable level BUT Mr Murphles wasn't at all impressed by the taste of it and only ate a small amount when he realised there was nothing else on offer.  I didn't much enjoy the intense aroma from this food either.

However, he LOVES the chicken flavour Natural Dog Food company and there is NO ITCHING AT ALL!!!!  It seems to be perfect for him.  I have also found that the company is excellent to deal with, fantastic speedy delivery and also very rapid response when I needed to phone them.

Fish for Dogs gave me excellent customer service too and sent a very detailed email about their products, it just wasn't the food for my dog.

So pleased I have found the right food :) :) :) :) :)

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yay - that's great news.  Thank you so much for letting us know.  I gave mine Fish4Dogs for quite a while and my youngest was brought up on their puppy version.  They all enjoyed the food - pup used to like warm water on hers as it released the fishy aroma.  I too find customer service and delivery very good.  I always have a 2kg box of their sea jerky tiddlers in stock and if I wait until they have an offer on they are even better value for money. 

I haven't used food from the Natural Food Company so have just checked their website and the chicken product is here.  The review on the Dog Food Directory is here.

Ingredients:
Dried British Chicken (min 22%), Fresh British Chicken (min 21%), Whole Brown Rice (min 21%) Whole Oats, Mixed Vegetables and Herbs, Whole Barley, Refined Chicken oil, Sugar Beet, Linseed, Brewer’s Yeast.
Typical Analysis:
Protein 20%,   Oil 8.5%,   Fibre 3%,   Ash 5%.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

moved
MOVED: hello - best food for itchy dog please!!

Started by Dottie

0 Replies
Last post Nov 04, 2014, 12:41
by Dottie
xx
Itchy dog/Natural Dog Food Company

Started by tabelmabel

5 Replies
Last post May 18, 2015, 08:47
by Dottie
xx
Food suggestions for senior dog with some liver problems