First off let me thank you for letting me join. I was recommended to you by the lady who runs Sophies' hydrotherapy as my dog has pins and plate in her one leg for cruciate disease and her other leg was stiffened due to an injection of blood for the same problem and arthritic front paws but she does an average of a mile a day, more if it's warm or she runs after the German shepherd or other doggy friends so is active but not loosing weight, she also spayed. I have gone back to Canagan as this seemed to help her loose weight the last time she was allergic to something and weight blossomed.
Let me explain myself and hope that all of you can help me on the food front.
1) I have a very over weight Labrador, some of which is due to allergies, one allergy was to a notably well known brand of Obesity dog food.
2) Have just become a blended dog house hold, the German shepherd leaves his biscuits (He needs weight on), both feed in separate areas, lab does give up the bowl eaisly but it is a rugby scrum to see who gets there first her or me, this is after she's eatten her 8oz meal of both biscuits and meat feed both morning and evening was recommended by the vet to feed both wet and dry food to stave off kidney problems as she has to have metacam and tramadol in her food.
3) When on a diet she eats other dogs poo to digest what they have left (this worries me as it could contain nasty's and also left over medication) and also eats mud, and she also scavenges as well. (Have started her walking where few dogs go to solve the poo problem but would like suggestions on things to fill her up but help her loose weight so she doesn't do this delightful habbit)
4) She has very few treats and I am going to put some of her 4oz of buiscuts in a small pot in the car as a treat.
5) is allergic to fish and shellfish as is her owner so I can't touch anything with it in
6) Only eats carrots,sweet corn cernals and brocolli at a total push is it's young but have tried feeding her veg and leaving it down but won't touch it and need her to eat because of her meds.
Sorry this is such a long introduction, I hope you won't send me away for my tails of woe but am trying to get her weight down and is in a near state of tears as I do love her dearly.