Author Topic: Is Kibble classed as "processed food" and as with humans may cause cancer?  (Read 400 times)

berkshire45

• View Profile
As processed food in humans has been linked to cancer - sausages/bacon etc.  Is kibble "processed" therefore introduces the same risk?

I am very happy with the kibble I feed my dog (Eden catch of the day) she is healthy with a shiny coat and all good in the waste disposal department but unfortunately she has cancer.  Has feeding kibble (processed food) possibly had a hand in this?

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I am sorry that your dog has developed cancer and hope that she can be treated. Extruded kibble is classed as processed food. I suspect that the link between this type of food and cancer is not proven. You might be interested in these threads about acrylamide:
Link.
Link.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

berkshire45

• View Profile
Thank you for this, but the kibble we are using is fish and vegetables - no grains or any products that are susceptible to Acrylamide.  Is the "processing" of fish and cooking to make kibble the problem here?

Adopted a Bitza

• View Profile
Hi All
Processed food generally refers to food that has gone through the "extruded process" where they cook the life out of the food then resuscitate it with synthetic vitamins. So if the back of your pack lists a lot of additive A, E etc then it's processed.
Cold Pressed dry food shouldn't include any additives as that's a key reason for doing it, but read the pack there is some passing off out there. Alternatively a high quality wet food is less likely to require additives or even the BARF diet.
It's the additives that are really bad, but also some foods like to put in white rice or they say grain free then stick in potato which is also low grade.

xx
"Household Food Items Toxic to Dogs and Cats"

Started by Meg

0 Replies
Last post Jan 31, 2018, 23:10
by Meg
xx
"Dog's weight slider" in the allaboutdogfood Dog Food Directory

Started by Meg

5 Replies
Last post Sep 08, 2017, 10:47
by David