Author Topic: Multiple allergies  (Read 167 times)

elastic

• View Profile
Multiple allergies
« on: May 31, 2019, 21:23 »
Hi everyone! My 3 year old labradoodle had blood tests for allergies because he keeps getting ear infections. He is apparently allergic to Milk, Egg, Salmon, Tuna, White fish, Chicken, Duck, Turkey, Ostrich, Rabbit, Venison, Beef, Lamb, Pork, Potato, Rice, Oats, Corn, Wheat, Barley, Millet Soy, Beet pulp! Basically, he showed positive to every ingredient tested! I find it very odd that they didn't test things like sweet potato, peas and carrots, which are commonly found in dog foods! He has been on Hills z/d hydrolyzed food, but I'm not convinced this is good in the long term. He is a dreadful scavenger and has managed to steal various foods without triggering a reaction. Does anyone have any suggestions? Raw has been suggested, but I don't have freezer space (or space to put one!)

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple allergies
« Reply #1 on: Jun 03, 2019, 07:57 »
I am sorry that I can’t be of much help. That list of allergies is formidable. I also don’t know how accurate those tests are. As your dog is already on a hydrolysed product it might be worth starting a tightly controlled elimination diet with the support of your vet. Some of those ingredients can be filtered out on the Dog Food Directory so that is another option. The only other thing I can think of is to home cook for your dog. You would need to study this carefully and add calcium to it. There is some information in the home cooking section of the forum.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

xx
Allergies

Started by Janice W

2 Replies
Last post Feb 14, 2015, 15:51
by Tinyplanets
xx
allergies

Started by maria49

6 Replies
Last post Feb 03, 2016, 13:36
by maria49
xx
Hello… Any advice for possible IBD or allergies?

Started by shelldd

18 Replies
Last post Apr 26, 2016, 15:09
by Dottie
xx
Choc Lab with allergies and seizures!

Started by CarolineTay

3 Replies
Last post Aug 25, 2016, 14:33
by RHEBDEN
xx
Cavillier with Food Allergies