Author Topic: The Pancreatitis thread  (Read 56679 times)

Buddy’s Girl

• View Profile
Re: The Pancreatitis thread
« Reply #75 on: Nov 18, 2020, 01:30 »
Hi,
I would love some recipes to feed my dog with pancreatitis.  I normally give them ground turkey 99% fat free and green beans.  I was told that carbohydrates like rice and squash are not good for dogs with pancreatitis.  Can you give me some new recipes or new suggestions on what to feed them. 

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The Pancreatitis thread
« Reply #76 on: Nov 18, 2020, 06:05 »
Hello and welcome to the forum. We have lots of information and links in our Home cooking section of the forum.  Have a good look in there as you might find it helpful.

It is better to take advice from a qualified pet nutritionist, not least because your dog has a health problem. Also, all home cooked meals require the correct supplementation, calcium and omega oils in particular. Here are three links to  qualified nutritionists who can provide you with balanced recipes. There may be a charge but once you have them, they remain yours:

Canine Nutritionist
Vet Chef
My Pet Nutritionist

Another alternative for fresh cooked food is Different Dog. The company has nine or ten recipes at the moment and some of them are lower in fat. Speak to their advisers if interested.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

xx
The fresh dog food thread

Started by Dottie

13 Replies
Last post Apr 22, 2020, 18:23
by Dottie
xx
Obesity and weight loss thread

Started by Dottie

3 Replies
Last post Oct 06, 2020, 16:43
by Dottie