Author Topic: The Pancreatitis thread  (Read 66852 times)

Buddy’s Girl

• View Profile
Re: The Pancreatitis thread
« Reply #75 on: Nov 18, 2020, 01:30 »
Hi,
I would love some recipes to feed my dog with pancreatitis.  I normally give them ground turkey 99% fat free and green beans.  I was told that carbohydrates like rice and squash are not good for dogs with pancreatitis.  Can you give me some new recipes or new suggestions on what to feed them. 

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Nov 18, 2020, 06:05 »
Hello and welcome to the forum. We have lots of information and links in our Home cooking section of the forum.  Have a good look in there as you might find it helpful.

It is better to take advice from a qualified pet nutritionist, not least because your dog has a health problem. Also, all home cooked meals require the correct supplementation, calcium and omega oils in particular. Here are three links to  qualified nutritionists who can provide you with balanced recipes. There may be a charge but once you have them, they remain yours:

Canine Nutritionist
Vet Chef
My Pet Nutritionist

Another alternative for fresh cooked food is Different Dog. The company has nine or ten recipes at the moment and some of them are lower in fat. Speak to their advisers if interested.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Jan 20, 2021, 17:08 »
Pancreatitis is usually requires a low fat diet. It is necessary to have the dry matter percentage but this may not be available in wet and raw foods. There is a dry matter calculator on The Raw Vet website. 

Quote The Raw Vet: “For pets that are overweight or who have high levels of blood triglycerides The recommended fat level is usually less than 10%DM (That's 10% by 'Dry Matter')
For pets who are not overweight, and with normal blood triglycerides 15%DM is often recommended for these pets.”
However, it is important to discuss this with the treating vet.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Feb 19, 2021, 11:52 »
Raw Pet Medics Facebook page has a live video about pancreatitis tonight at 7pm.

Seaweed

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Mar 01, 2021, 17:20 »
Let's March on Pancreatitis! https://www.facebook.com/therawvet/?ref=py_c
There is more to managing pancreatitis than just ‘low fat’
Follow us here whilst we visit all kinds of short topics on pancreatitis this month – culminating in the release of our ‘Pancreatitis Fact Sheet’ that will be FREE to download from the Raw Vet Website at the end of the month!

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Mar 01, 2021, 19:13 »
Another Facebook live video, this one from My Pet Nutritionist - Pancreatitis in pets. Why and how it happens and what to do naturally!  Thursday, 4th March 2021 at 7pm.

Seaweed

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: Mar 12, 2021, 08:52 »
The Raw Vet talks to Chelsea Dawson at True North Veterinary Wellness about Canine Chronic Pancreatitis.
https://www.facebook.com/truenorthveterinary/videos/vb.356410858166100/125321726123144/?type=2&theater

Seaweed

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Mar 15, 2021, 10:32 »
What causes pancreatitis? Do we really know?...and... is it reasonable to blame kibble?
Facebook LIVE on Wednesday 8pm, 17-3-21
Charlotte Gray MRCVS of the Raw Vet and Companion Nutrition, Amy Watson-Doyle MRCVS from PinPoint vet care and Vet Chelsea Dawson of True North Veterinary Wellness talk about our logic and evidence based thoughts behind whether or not kibble is part of the problem.
https://www.facebook.com/therawvet/

xx
The fresh dog food thread

Started by Dottie

13 Replies
Last post Apr 22, 2020, 18:23
by Dottie
xx
Obesity and weight loss thread

Started by Dottie

3 Replies
Last post Oct 06, 2020, 16:43