Author Topic: Acrylamide  (Read 7576 times)

George

• View Profile
Re: Acrylamides
« Reply #15 on: Sep 25, 2014, 11:29 »
Understood. The site is a fantastic resource as it is, and many people - and more dogs - have reason to be very grateful for it, and for the work you put in.

David

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sep 25, 2014, 12:27 »
Thanks George, that means a lot

Pegasus

• Retailer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Oct 13, 2014, 16:57 »
Good stuff on Acrylamides but with a 'but'. Had a look at the 2012 report and the foods they used in the tests are, in mine and the scores on this website opinion, pants. It would be good to see the tests run using a good quality premium dog food and draw conclusions - indeed as stated in other posts - see the difference in good quality extruded dog food against cold pressed and baked etc. Can't see it happening as I would say for every £ an independent researcher spends, the big four spend ten thousand

chrishordley

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Oct 14, 2014, 20:02 »
Great article, well balanced and I am now interested in how commercial feed is prepared. I am pasting a link to article on Many Tears forum and cutting down chips so I can still have my coffee. I came to my mix and match approach to dog feeding after my research. Just wish I had started earlier and had Wally earlier as I have a strong feeling his lymphoma was due to the cheap kibble he had probably been fed before rescue.

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Acrylamide
« Reply #19 on: Jan 23, 2017, 09:29 »
Acrylamide is back in the news - link. This time it is relation to human food - the Food Standards agency are issuing a warning about over cooking food, particularly starchy ones such as potatoes and toast.

David's article about acrylamide in pet food is here. He mentions that dogs are more at risk of this than we are and that there are ways to minimize this.  There is a thread about acrylamide on the AADF Facebook page here.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

xx
New Acrylamide rules

Started by Seaweed

1 Replies
Last post Dec 06, 2017, 20:30
by Tinyplanets
question
Hello & help with dried complete food & acrylamide

Started by rosey1001

12 Replies
Last post Nov 25, 2015, 19:38
by Dottie