Author Topic: Disgusting New Habit  (Read 2082 times)

wizoz

• View Profile
Disgusting New Habit
« on: Feb 13, 2015, 07:21 »
Not sure if this is in the right category so please change it if necessary.

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas to help put a stop to a rather nasty habit one of my Cairns has picked up.  She has discovered the dubious 'delights' of our cat's 'deposits' in the garden!  :o .  Getting rid of the cat is sadly not an option!

Schnauday

• View Profile
Re: Disgusting New Habit
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2015, 10:08 »
Sorry can only offer my sympathies. If I'm around and see mine sniffing I can tell him "Leave it" and he does, but he does manage the occasional snack and he smells disgusting afterwards.

We don't even have a cat which is doubly annoying  >:(
Mini Schnauzer Mum

kez_sparky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2015, 19:10 »
Hiya,

My spaniel also has this lovely habit - have you experienced the oh so delightful 'poo burp' yet?  She usually manages to do this when she's right near my face, it's uncanny...

Apparently cat food has a higher fat content so their poo smells lovely to dogs, I haven't found a solution yet and I have several cats.  Teaching a really good 'leave it' command is, I've been told, the only real solution but although my dog is generally really well behaved I just can't pry her away when she's found something really tasty!

Good luck finding a solution anyway and let me know if you do  :)

mamarozi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2015, 09:25 »
Cat poo and human poo are like chocolate  ice cream for my lurcher  :-[  Dog poo is not interesting to him.  Can't find a solution either.