Author Topic: Gentle dog food  (Read 348 times)

Pam501

• View Profile
Gentle dog food
« on: Sep 21, 2019, 09:45 »
Hi there. I’m thinking about incorporating Gentle into my dogs raw complete. Does anyone know how long it lasts for once opened? I only want to include a small amount each day. Thanks for any advice

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle dog food
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2019, 17:02 »
IIRC it is shelf life is circa nine months. Expiry would probably be dependent on stock turnover. I once asked if I could have 2kg and the company obliged. If you explain your situation maybe they would help.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

Pam501

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 22, 2019, 13:29 »
Thanks for your help Dottie. I’ll give it a try

Lottie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2019, 18:13 »
I am giving my two Shih Tzus Gentle with a tiny bit of  Forthglade in the morning and then at around 5pm I am giving them raw. They are doing really well on this regime that for now I will keep them on it.
I spoke to Gentle before ordering a big bag and indeed as Dottie said she was prepared to let me buy a 2kg bag which I am a little bit sorry I hadn’t taken her up on that. I bought the 5 kg bag and because I am feeding them raw at night it is taking a while to use it up. They have 25 grams and 20grms respectively in the morning and because they are small dogs I hope it will still be fresh by the time they get to finish the bag, which has a best before date of March ‘20 on the bag. I probably bought it about a month to 6 weeks ago.  They are both doing so well on it and their poohs are really good and now do two good ones a day  unlike when I tried Another brand was more like 4 times a day. Glad I tried Gentle.

xx
Gentle Dog food and other meats

Started by Lottie

6 Replies
Last post Sep 09, 2019, 17:58
by Lottie
xx
Great Danes and Gentle Dog Food

Started by Elsa the dane

4 Replies
Last post Jan 10, 2016, 15:28
by Elsa the dane
xx
Gentle Cold Pressed Goat variety

Started by Petmum

0 Replies
Last post Aug 02, 2019, 07:06
by Petmum
xx
Natural Food Company causing odd runny bottom need 20% protein but good food!

Started by JacksMum

3 Replies
Last post Aug 09, 2017, 10:13
by dozemi
xx
All about our dog's DRY food -What type of DRY food are you feeding nowadays ?

Started by Meg

19 Replies
Last post Sep 09, 2019, 19:45
by Pam501