Author Topic: Pet detoxification  (Read 676 times)

Meg

• View Profile
Pet detoxification
« on: Mar 12, 2017, 22:33 »
Here's an interesting article from Dr Karen Becker - this time she is discussing pet detoxification.

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2017/03/12/pet-detoxification.aspx

Tinyplanets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Pet detoxification
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2017, 08:24 »
Lots of food for thought there.

I have to say I struggle with the water. I got  a filter but it seems to be less desirable than unfiltered for some reason. The bowl often remains untouched. She seems to have her fill from wherever I am washing her feet. ::)

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Pet detoxification
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2017, 10:39 »
I have read Dr Becker's articles before but not this particular one. While I can understand, and agree with some of her advice, it does concern me somewhat.  I feel that dog ownership should be about companionship and fun. I agree with feeding dogs the best food you can afford, giving them exercise and just simply enjoying each other's presence. I wonder if all this advice creates some degree of anxiety in the average pet owner. As an example, I have been giving my dogs tap water for 40+ years with no worries. Now I read that I've been doing it all wrong and should be filtering it. She might be right, but as I don't have a filter and don't want one, it creates conflict.  I think we should do our best for our furry pals but try not to go OTT with talk of 'toxins' etc.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.