Author Topic: Hello everyone> Looking for a decent food to feed my small breed dog!!!  (Read 1777 times)

Pryias mum

• View Profile
Hi I have a 18mth old spayed pug/miniature poodle she looks like a Brussels griffin.
She is currently on Royal Canin neutered small dog dry food, after checking on here the score has given me concern's about the food. Can anyone recommend a decently priced dry dog food that would be better for her, she currently has really smelly breath.
Thank you in advance xx

Tinyplanets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hello and welcome to the forum Pryias Mum, Can you give us a little more information?
 Does your dog have any health problems, allergies or digestive issues?  How old is she? Is she at an ideal weight?  Bad breath may be a sign of digestive problems but equally it could be a dental problem.

Royal Canin is relatively expensive. Are you looking for something in the same price range or cheaper?

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Greetings - welcome to the forum.  As Tinyplanets has said, you need to give us a bit more information.  In addition, we try to remain independent and do not usually recommend specific food products.  You have a young dog and if you learn something of the principles of choosing a good dog food it will be far more useful than anyone telling you what to feed. 

Regarding the smelly breath, I would advise that you see your vet as your dog could have dental problems. In addition, consider purchasing a canine toothbrush and toothpaste - Virbac and Logic are two but there are more.  Read up about getting your dog used to having it's teeth cleaned and by brushing at least three times per week you will see the benefits in a short space of time.  In my experience, small dogs tend to need more regular dental attention than big dogs.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

question
HELP! What to feed my cross breed?

Started by Sarahjanel09

2 Replies
Last post Sep 30, 2015, 19:48
by Tinyplanets
xx
Small Portion Raw Dog Food

Started by Seaweed

2 Replies
Last post May 30, 2019, 09:05
by Seaweed
xx
decent value cold pressed for german sheperd pup- lukullus junior or another ??

Started by carlosedd

5 Replies
Last post Jun 07, 2019, 17:00
by Lottie
smiley
does any one have small dog on raw that could advise me on quantity?

Started by LokiMum

5 Replies
Last post Apr 15, 2015, 08:28
by Eden Holistic Pet Foods
xx
Any small dog Milles Wolfheart Feeders?

Started by Budd71

2 Replies
Last post Feb 05, 2018, 19:04
by COASTER