Author Topic: Hello from Gill and Luca and Pippin  (Read 1518 times)

gillwright

• View Profile
Hello from Gill and Luca and Pippin
« on: Sep 16, 2014, 14:30 »
Hi everyone,  I have a German Shepherd called Luca and a Jack Russel called Pippin.  I have been considering changing from commercial kibble for some time, but when Luca recently broke a leg, which ended up being amputated four weeks ago, I decided he not only needed good nutrition but a feed without additives to try and reduce his anxious behaviour  (which was the cause of his original accident), and the need to keep weight down now he has three legs .   Pippin has always been a scratcher and licker, so hope it will help any possible irritation.   I have been feeding Natures Menu Raw (but gently cooked to be on the safe side following his surgery) and Lupo Natural Swiss Chicken.  I like the ethics of both companies and the dogs love their new food but I will keep researching and reading the comments on this site as it is only the beginning our our 'natural' journey.

David

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Gill and Luca and Pippin
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2014, 16:27 »
Welcome along Gill, Luca and Pippin, it's great to have you here! And great work with the diet change - they are two very good foods and I'm sure your two will both really feel the benefit.

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Gill and Luca and Pippin
« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2014, 17:37 »
Hello Gill. What a trying time you have had with your GSD.  Poor Luca - I hope that things will improve for him and that he manages OK on three legs.  It is interesting to read of your 'natural journey' especially as it is a similar one to mine, having just started my lot on a raw food diet.  I am using Nutriment and give it straight from the refrigerator.  It will be nice to hear how you get on with this.   :)
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.