Author Topic: Hi all I’m after some advice  (Read 2791 times)

Mitford

• View Profile
Hi all I’m after some advice
« on: Jun 16, 2020, 11:00 »
Hi I’m jamie, I’ve been using this website for the last few months and never knew you had a forum.

Anyway I have 3 English Coker spaniels buster who's 4
Frank and nacho who are both 16 weeks.

I’ve changed the puppy food to Simpson’s premium puppy 80/20 as they were on royal canin puppy which isn’t all that good.

Buster who’s been on James Wellbeloved since he was 1, after going through the nutritional value on this website it turns out it’s not as good as I thought, so I’m going to change his food and have narrowed it down to guru and gentle original both cold pressed. Thing is I can’t decide between the two, I noticed that guru has Pre biotics where as gentle doesn’t.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jamie

Spanielowner

• View Profile
Re: Hi all I’m after some advice
« Reply #1 on: Jun 16, 2020, 11:30 »
Hi, I’ve personally found that if the dog likes it and is healthy then they may be ok on whatever commercial food you buy. But I also give my dog some fresh dog safe human foods in small amounts like vegetables and fruits and some meats cooked without seasoning.

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2020, 11:50 »
Hello and welcome to the forum Mitford. You have made a good choice - either of those foods should be fine for your Buster. They are both made by the Markus Muhle company which has a good reputation. I have fed both but mostly used Guru Surf and Turf which I found to be suitable for my dogs. I too used to top up with some home cooked food to add variety.

We have a thread on cold pressed foods here. It contains useful information about how to store and feed. Be very careful not to overfeed - it is really easy to do because the food is dense and the amount can look small in the bowl. I would recommend weighing it in the first instance. The Guru website has detailed information about transitioning.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

Mitford

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 16, 2020, 12:08 »

Hello DOTTIE thank you for your reply, we currently weigh the puppies food and noticed how much less we are using of Simpson’s in comparison to the previous food they were on.  Buster is the same he gets plenty of vegetables his favourite being carrots. In regards to the cold pressed food it’s something I want them all to be on in the future but seeming as I’ve only just changed the puppies food I’m going to stick with that for a while and just change busters food

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 16, 2020, 15:15 »
It is much easier to have them all on the same food and cold pressed would do very well because it is for all ages. When you begin to change puppy onto it have a word with the company’s staff and they will advise you about the amount needed. IIRC adult RDA is circa 1% to 1.2% of ideal body weight but puppies need more.  Hope that it suits your dogs.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

xx
Hello and advice

Started by GillD

5 Replies
Last post May 18, 2018, 19:34
by Ripon
xx
New here! Advice please

Started by MilosMummy

4 Replies
Last post Jun 13, 2019, 17:42
by Adopted a Bitza