Author Topic: New member  (Read 314 times)

Maz59

• View Profile
« on: Sep 23, 2019, 12:22 »
Hi everyone
I’m a newbie, interested in all things related to dogs. I’m working towards getting a puppy next Spring so I’m doing all my research. I’m planning to take the raw feeding route so does anyone know if it’s wise to stay on the same food from the same company or could I mix and match with other raw food companies? I just wanted to get your views on this as the last thing I want to do is upset my dog’s digestive system so if there’s anything you can tell me I would be very grateful.

Thanks a lot
M

Rebecca Forrest

• View Profile
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2019, 13:07 »
My dog has tried a few different ones but not all of them have agreed with him. He is on Luna and me  at the moment but as long as your dog can cope with them I would not have thought that it matters with raw. :) as long as you do not mix raw with kibble (dry extruded) as they do not digest at the same rate and can cause tummy problems. :)

Maz59

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 2019, 15:08 »
Thanks for this advice Rebecca. I think it may be just a question of finding out which one she will like the most anyway so I will try different dog foods.

Tinyplanets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 23, 2019, 18:45 »
Hello and welcome to the forum, I would suggest a raw complete, to start with at least, as it can be hard to ensure they getting everything they need. Some raw completes have left my dog hungry or produced lots of stools. Others have made her constipated so it can be trial and error. Most companies have a big variety of flavours. I settled on the one I use now as it seems to suit her and the packaging can all be recycled including the cartons which are often plastic. The ones I get are made from sugar cane and will compost. I do add some veg and a little water to prevent constipation. It is quite dry compared to other raw foods. Any wetter and it might leak through the cartons.

Maz59

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2019, 10:28 »
Many thanks for taking the time to contact me about this.

xx

Started by animallover

6 Replies
Last post Nov 03, 2015, 21:49
by silverb19
xx

Started by Joanne13

1 Replies
Last post Aug 16, 2015, 08:58
by Dottie
xx
New member, confused about using best dog food

Started by Stars_bright

8 Replies
Last post Feb 14, 2017, 16:29
by Dottie
xx
New Member/Diabetic/Pancreatitis

Started by Emmamoo

1 Replies
Last post Jan 10, 2018, 08:26
by Dottie
xx
New member - Saying Hi introduction and asking for advise - Please help!!!!!...

Started by Rachel

5 Replies
Last post Apr 25, 2017, 10:27
by DeclanjjWhelan