Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 1313 times)

Fluffcat

• View Profile
New to the forum
« on: Aug 19, 2015, 17:10 »
I've used this site a lot and found it really useful but haven't been to the forum before.   I've one dog at the moment a 2.5 year old Staffordshire bull terrier bitch called Midnight.  I have been raw feeding her for 18 months and still consider myself 'new' to it.  I've used a number of different premade raw meals and have settled on feeding Natural Instinct and a prey model complete from a local raw food supplier.
I'm an advocate of holistic treatment so do not routinely treat for fleas, ticks or worms preferring to test for internal parasites and worry about fleas/ticks if I see them (I haven't in 30 years!)  I'm also aware of the issues of over-vaccination in dogs and cats and take great care to ensure my girl isn't given any vaccine she doesn't definitely need.
I also have two cats that I treat the same way.
I owned and ran a dog grooming salon in Florida for 7 years and saw a lot of skin/ear issues and tried to help owners resolve them.
I've had dogs, cats, horses and many small furries over the years and love helping people with their pets.

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New to the forum
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2015, 19:01 »
Hello and welcome to the forum. It's good to hear that your dog is enjoying, and doing well on her raw diet.  It's a good, natural way to feed a dog as long as it is done correctly and it sounds like you have achieved this. 
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

xx
Hi - new to the forum

Started by charlie29

3 Replies
Last post Mar 01, 2015, 20:57
by charlie29
xx
new on the forum

Started by adarkris

2 Replies
Last post May 15, 2019, 20:04
by adarkris
xx
New to forum

Started by ann

2 Replies
Last post Mar 31, 2019, 19:19
by ann
smiley
Welcome to the All About Dog Food Forum!

Started by David

0 Replies
Last post Sep 13, 2014, 15:33
by David
xx
Forum posts lost

Started by Dottie

1 Replies
Last post Jan 16, 2019, 08:09
by Dottie