Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Lottie

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Raw feeding / Re: New to raw feeding
« on: Aug 03, 2019, 18:02 »
Hi Catflk and welcome to the forum. I am a raw feeder and have been for many years. I would guess your breeder should give you a menu of exactly what she is feeding your pup and at what times. At twelve weeks I think four times a day would be a good plan for a few weeks.
I find that feeding complete meals are the easiest especially someone new to raw feeding. There are several good companies on the market and they should give you a lot of help too. To name a few and ones I have used regularly are Wolftucker, Natural Instinct , Nutriment. There are also a few books on the market with lots of good advice too.
I am sure someone else will be along later to help.

Introductions / Re: Hi everyone ☺️
« on: Aug 03, 2019, 14:44 »
Hello and welcome Lised4 to the forum. It is a very exciting time when you get a new puppy. If you have any food related questions there is a wealth of knowledge on here only to happy to help. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Dog foods / Re: Can any one advise please
« on: Jun 28, 2019, 21:18 »
Thank you Adopted a Bitza for your info but CobbyDog didn’t work for me, so I have gone back to feeding raw and they are so much happier. I will use up the remaining CobbyDog I have left for times I forget to take their raw out

General discussion / Re: Can you Mix dog food brands?
« on: Jun 24, 2019, 07:59 »
I believe that Eden and also Canagan dry foods do also do wet foods, so can be fed with the dry kibble. They are both very good foods.
You can check them out in the 'directory' on here.

General discussion / Re: Hi opinions please
« on: Jun 24, 2019, 07:49 »
Welcome to the forum Chadders. I have raw fed my two Shih Tzu's for several years but recently had been forgetting to take it out of the freezer on time to thaw, (senior moments me thinks !!)
After quite a bit of research of different dry foods I decided to give Cold Pressed CobbyDog a try, really just as a back up for those times I forget to take their raw out. They were enjoying it so I thought I would feed CobbyDog at breakfast and raw for evening meal. The food was good in that their poohs were firm and not as solid as with raw but this is where it failed for my dogs. The volume of 'output' was enormous compared to raw. On raw they were 'going' about once and occasionally twice a day with very small amounts. On CobbyDog it was 4 and occasionally 5 times a day, and always in a hurry to 'go' when I took them out first thing usually about 6 am. I was also concerned with how much the nutrients stayed in their system.
I have put them back on raw only, Wolf Tucker in fact, and they are so enjoying it. We are back to small poohs and about once a day. And as Coaster says it doesn't touch the sides, gone before turn around. I still have some CobbyDog left and I will use it up as a back up.
With raw there is so much variety they never get bored of it.
This is how it works for me  and my opinion only.

Getting a puppy / Re: Raw Fed GSD Breeder
« on: Jun 22, 2019, 13:53 »
Ooh have I got the posts mixed up.?  Probably the best place to look for a puppy would be the GSD breed Club’s website . They will have a puppy co-ordinator who will be able to guide you in the direction of  a good breeder  and hopefully one who raw feeds too.

Getting a puppy / Re: Raw Fed GSD Breeder
« on: Jun 22, 2019, 13:31 »
Hi are you asking about a raw feed breeder because you are looking for advice about raw feeding your GSD or because of something else.?  I saw from your previous post you dog has severe allergies. I am not sure how old he/she is.
 I raw feed my two girls who are a bit smaller than your dog they are Shih Tzu’s. I have raw fed them for several years and can honestly say the best thing I ever did for them. I did recently try them with a cold pressed food but  hasn’t worked out.
If it is advice you are looking for I would suggest that you speak to one of the suppliers. Although I have never used them myself I have heard a lot of very good things about The Dog’s Butcher in Newton Abbot and her website is  full of very useful information. I tend to buy ‘completes’ from Wolf Tucker.
 In my opinion I think raw maybe the answer to looking for food to help with your dogs allergies.

« on: Jun 14, 2019, 17:33 »
Thank you Adopted A Bitza  their stools are slightly softer since starting Cold pressed, though not loose and perfectly formed since feeding CobbyDog.
I did have a look at Nuturavetal  and looks good. I like that it is available in a small pellet, unfortunately I couldn’t see a grain free variety, which I feed as my older dog itches from time to time. But thank you very much for your time and input it is appreciated.

« on: Jun 11, 2019, 22:39 »
Thank you both very much. Amazingly after writing this earlier today neither have ‘been’ at all today. So maybe it will even itself out so to speak. I did look at Tribal TLC after seeing someone write on here about it, so maybe I will look at trying that  once this CobbyDog has finished. Obviously I don’t what to chop and change otherwise I maybe creating more problems for myself  and my girls.

« on: Jun 11, 2019, 10:21 »
Ah thanks Dottie I may be overthinking this . Yesterday hubby had just mowed the lawn and I saw another poo on there and it was quite a large amount and as he said to me 'you will need a JCB to pick that up'!!. Then as I was going into the house again there was another one and that was about the fifth one I had picked up yesterday. So far surprisingly neither have done a poo today, mind you I think they were more interested in getting back in the house out of the heavy rain here.
 Another reason I chose CobbyDog was it was grain free, to help with the itching of my older dog..  I am weighing their food out but will try reducing it by 10% as you suggest and see if it makes a difference.
Thanks again much appreciated.

Dog foods / Can any one advise please
« on: Jun 11, 2019, 08:01 »
As some may know on here I have been feeding my two Shih Tzu's CobbyDog Cold Pressed Fish Supper variety for just over two weeks now. My concerns are that the amount of Pooh they are producing is far more than when on completely on raw food.

At the moment I am giving them raw in the mornings and CobbyDog in the evening. Yesterday they both pooed at least 3 times each and a huge amount each time. Which I find worrying that the nutrients aren't being retained in their system as long as on raw.

I realise that they are going to produce more but not to that extent.

The reason I started feeding CobbyDog is that my older one itches quite a lot and as CobbyDog has TumerAid included in the food and is very close to raw I thought it may help. I think it is too early to tell if it is helping but they are liking it very much, it is also a bit more convenient that raw in that I haven't got to remember to take it out of the freezer.
 I do soak it in some warm water which I think the younger one is finding it easier to eat.

I am in week two of  trying CobbyDog Cold Pressed Grain Free Fish Supper, and my two girls - both Shih Tzu’s - are enjoying it very much.
I am also only feeding that in the mornings as they have raw at their tea time.
Another reason I chose CobbyDog is it comes in various size bags plus a trial size too, and it is made in the Uk. Apart from needing a grain free food and it also goes well with raw  feeding (but not together) being cold pressed.
Their poo’s are nice and firm not too solid as they are on completely raw.

Dog foods / Re: Concern with Cold Pressed food
« on: Jun 03, 2019, 20:04 »
Thank you Tinyplanets. This is what I was finding with their poohs they were very much smaller than now but much harder. They have only been on Cobbydog for around 12 days  and so far all good and having raw for their tea.

General discussion / Re: NEW RATING ALGORITHM... finally!
« on: Jun 03, 2019, 14:04 »
I like the new scoring too. I have recently started feeding my two dogs CobbyDog Cold Pressed Fish Supper and decided which food to  try based on the dog food directory ,and that Cobbydog was highly rated and also made in the UK.  I am giving them Cobbydog in the morning and raw in the evening  and they are absolutely loving it.

Dog foods / Re: Concern with Cold Pressed food
« on: Jun 03, 2019, 13:44 »
Thank you so much Dottie. That does make a lot of sense I had not thought of. I also chose Cobbydog because on the Dog food directory it gave the percentage of Beet Pulp as only 6%. I have never been a fan of Beet Pulp - rightly or wrongly - always thinking of it as a cheap filler. Also with my dog being quite 'itchy' a grain free food was better.
Also I don't have to buy in large size bags. It does have a long date on it though 20/05/20.  It will be gone long before that as I only bought the 3kg bag.
Thank you again for your help, much appreciated.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4