Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Tinyplanets

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 44
Dog foods / Re: My little Bucks the Blue Frenchie
« on: Oct 20, 2018, 18:47 »
Hello and welcome to the forum. I agree with Dottie that you may find out if this is an issue with the breed by asking in groups or forums for French bulldogs. There are also lots of other possible causes such as mites or seasonal allergy.

I also agree that if you want to explore the food route, the ones Dottie has mentioned are a good start as they have fewer ingredients. You would need to be quite strict about any extras while trying new things out.  Best to introduce new ingredients slowly if the problem does clear up with a change of food.

Here is a link to the page which tells you a little bit about the food.  nutriment low purine  It is a raw complete and aimed at keeping the kidneys healthy. I am not sure if it would be helpful in terms of the stage of the disease in your dog.  You could always try sending nutriment an email. They are generally helpful.  My dog seems particularly fond of green tripe but it doesn't smell too great.

Hi Karen,
I can't really give any more advice on this except to say that I know nutriment low purine food contains Green tripe and is aimed at maintaining kidney health. I am sorry that you are going through this with your dog and hope you continue to find things that will encourage her to eat.

Dog foods / Re: Who rates the different brands of dog food
« on: Oct 16, 2018, 20:38 »
Hello Pam,

If you look here in the FAQ you will find an explanation as to how the individual foods are rated. I hope this helps.

Introductions / Re: Hello everyone
« on: Oct 03, 2018, 17:54 »
Welcome to the forum Kullboys. Feel free to tell us about your dog or dogs and what kind of food you have chosen.

General discussion / Re: Vegan, Vegetarian or Meat
« on: Oct 02, 2018, 19:24 »
Thanks for the link Seaweed. I have to say, despite now being fully committed to veganism myself, I am too worried that it might not be the best diet for my dog to change her food. :(

Feeding dogs with health problems / Re: Urinary SO
« on: Sep 29, 2018, 20:42 »
Hello and welcome to the forum, Sorry to hear about your dogs diagnosis.

You might find This thread useful which also has links to other helpful threads.

Raw feeding / Re: Paleo Ridge Raw Dog Food Products
« on: Sep 27, 2018, 20:41 »
A nice website with clear information about sourcing and packaging. Competitive prices too.

Introductions / Re: Hello! I have 1 dog and 1 cat!
« on: Sep 21, 2018, 13:19 »
Hello and welcome to the forum. It sounds like your rescues have a good life with lots of thought going into their diet.

It does worry me that all people may not be aware of the importance of good hygiene practises when feeding raw .  Whatever I chose to feed, if I had children in the house, I would worry about them coming into contact with faeces and would ensure that toilet areas were well away from play areas. I am not sure that I would feed raw if I had young children or vulnerable people in the house to be honest as they often don't or can't maintain adequate personal hygiene standards. It is worrying that so many dried foods have also been shown to contain harmful bacteria etc. At least with raw, hopefully people are more aware of the risks when they may be less so with dried.  :(

Dog foods / Re: Eden Semi-Moist Duck and Tripe
« on: Sep 17, 2018, 12:36 »
I am glad you have found something to suit your dogs. I worry about the amount of water that my dog wants to drink when she has dry food. Pleased to hear that your dogs had no digestive issues and thank you for the feedback. :)

Thanks for posting on here Dottie. I almost missed it on the facebook page. Very worrying. With more and more people conscious of ingredients and checking labels, it is a shame that something like this could well undermine peoples confidence in what the label says.

Yes good to see another cold pressed food in the smaller bags ;D

Dog foods / Re: Intermittent incontinence
« on: Aug 08, 2018, 21:30 »
A scan sounds like a good idea as other things have been ruled out. Other factors which have resulted in incidents in the house with my dog include steroids. When she has needed the odd short course for sore paws. She drinks more and has had the odd accident. Also being in her paddling pool for more than 30 minutes. I think in addition to swallowing lots of water during play, it has a numbing effect and she doesn't seem to know she wants to go until too late. She often used to urinate if approached by a man she didn't know and still does occasionally.

If you can't see an obvious pattern it does seem like further investigation is needed. I hope you get some answers soon.

Dog foods / Re: Can Certain Dry Foods cause Anxiety
« on: Aug 02, 2018, 19:06 »
Hello and welcome to the forum. There has been lots of discussion about diet and its affect on behaviour. I haven't heard the theory that food can cause anxiety. Generally the discussion revolves around whether or not high protein diets can lead to hyperactivity and the jury still seems to be out on this. It may be that some dogs may react in certain ways to certain ingredients but it would be quite hard to say for certain, Even if food changes seem to correlate with behaviour changes, it may be just coincidence. 
You could have a browse through the pancreatitis thread  for more information about diet.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 44