All About Dog Food Forum

Dog food and feeding => Dog foods => Topic started by: Dashasmom on Jun 20, 2019, 16:23

Title: Severe Food Allergies
Post by: Dashasmom on Jun 20, 2019, 16:23
Hi all, my beautiful GSD girl has been diagnosed with severe food allergies. We've been on an exclusion diet for the last 8 weeks Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Anallergenic. I want to feed her a better quality food than this. The only protein source she can have is either fish or pork.

I'm looking for a food that has fish or pork as a single protein, completely grain free and must not contain potato. Sweet potato is OK.

So far I've come across Eden and Tribal.  Does anyone know of any other foods suitable?

My head is spinning reading ingredient labels.

My girl is my world and I want to find the best food suitable for her.

Many thanks

Paula and Dasha

Title: Re: Severe Food Allergies
Post by: Anita... on Jun 20, 2019, 23:15
Hi. Check out the Acana Singles range. They do a pork single protein and a pilchard single protein. I've had a quick look and I don't think either contain potatoes or grains.
Post by: Dashasmom on Jun 21, 2019, 19:27
Many thanks for your reply ☺
Post by: Adopted a Bitza on Jun 28, 2019, 17:33
Hi
Check out Naturavetal.co.uk their Cold Pressed Salmon is 100% single source protein with no sneaky ingredients like chicken oil. This line is also grain free and without potato, being cold pressed you also have the added benefit of no additives so it will be better for long term health. 
For snacks try sprats or fish skins. 
You can also get a consultation from their nutritionists.
Other foods you might like to try are Horse and Goat which are often acceptable for allergenic dogs.