Author Topic: Paleo Ridge Raw Dog Food Products  (Read 2184 times)

Seaweed

• View Profile
Paleo Ridge Raw Dog Food Products
« on: Apr 08, 2017, 08:26 »
Low fat, boneless Camel chunks are now available from Paleo Ridge Raw.
http://www.paleoridgeraw.uk/store/p218/Camel_chunks_500g.html

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Paleo Ridge Raw Camel Chunks
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2017, 18:12 »
Gosh, that must come a long way across the world!    :o   
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

Seaweed

• View Profile
Paleo Ridge Raw are now selling a Kangaroo (certified free range) Lamb tripe and organic chicken complete 1kg,
20% Kangaroo (free range) , 50% Lamb tripe, 20% Organic Chicken with bone, 5%  ox liver, 5% ox kidney/spleen.
http://www.paleoridgeraw.uk/store/p148/Kangaroo%2C_Lamb_tripe_and_Organic_chicken_complete__1kg_.html

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Paleo Ridge Raw Dog Food Products
« Reply #3 on: Apr 22, 2017, 08:06 »
Thank you for updating us on these unusual products. I've merged the two topics to keep all the Paleo Ridge information together. There are several novel proteins there - possibly useful for dogs with intolerances. I know a couple of pet owners who use these products and find that their dogs like PR because it is in chunks and not minced.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

Seaweed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 22, 2017, 09:00 »
Thanks Dottie. I feed mainly Paleo Ridge Raw. I like their ethics and that they actually mention the abattoirs they use are inspected  "I personally check abattoirs that I purchase from. Having worked at an organic abattoir I am very aware of good practice, high standards and humane slaughter. I will not buy from any source that does not meet high ethical and animal welfare standards. Animal welfare is the highest priority for me when sourcing raw food for my dogs. Intensive factory farming goes hand in hand with poor animal welfare and unsatisfactory conditions". You will often see companies say ethically sourced, DEFRA approved but do not expand further enough for me. 

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 2017, 09:58 »
I agree with all you say Seaweed, particularly about animal welfare. Only a couple of months ago I read an article in the news regarding a report looking into the hygiene in UK abattoirs - Fears of ‘dirty meat’ entering food chain after 25% of abattoirs fail tests. 
From the article:
An analysis of government audits carried out at more than 300 abattoirs in England, Wales and Northern Ireland identified major hygiene failings in more than a quarter of the meat plants.
Some of it makes grim reading.

Seaweed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 23, 2017, 07:30 »
Yes Dottie grim reading and it's not like it's the odd abattoir, which is why it is so important dog food companies whether raw, dry or wet communicate far better with their customers over their ethics and the abattoirs they use. Sadly there are other reports that also make grim reading. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3763589/Report-reveals-shocking-levels-animal-cruelty-slaughterhouses.html

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 23, 2017, 10:48 »
That is heart breaking. I cannot understand why this so called 'civilised' country can allow such inhumane treatment.  :(

Seaweed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 28, 2018, 09:02 »
Paleo Ridge Raw earn prestigious Organic certification. https://www.paleoridgeraw.uk/news.html

Seaweed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2018, 08:13 »
Paleo Ridge Raw have just launched their new website. http://paleoridgeraw.uk/

Tinyplanets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sep 27, 2018, 20:41 »
A nice website with clear information about sourcing and packaging. Competitive prices too.

xx
Paleo Ridge Raw

Started by wizoz

1 Replies
Last post Sep 08, 2015, 12:28
by Dottie
xx
Paleo Ridge, Kangaroo chunks, Zebra chunks and Oily Fish

Started by Seaweed

2 Replies
Last post Feb 09, 2016, 17:42
by Dottie