Author Topic: ROR dog food  (Read 5898 times)

Reggie

• View Profile
ROR dog food
« on: Dec 13, 2019, 08:41 »
Anyone feeding this to their dog? It isn't on the dog food index. Our nearby pet shop has started stocking this, but I noticed it has no bone in it. I don't feed bones to our Goldie, who is an aggressive chomper and tries to swallow something as soon as she thinks she can! Too stressful watching her!

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ROR dog food
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2019, 16:59 »
I noticed ROR raw dog food last year. It’s packaged in nuggets which is handy, particularly for owners of small breed dogs. The adult range contains a small amount of sweet potato which is useful for carbohydrate and fibre. Beet is right at the end of the ingredient list  but is also a useful source of fibre. This should help prevent constipation which can sometimes occur with raw diets. I put the duck and turkey into the Instant Review Generator and it returned 95%. As they don’t include bone they add calcium and phosphorus. 
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

Reggie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2019, 17:05 »
Thank you. It seems to be sold by Pets Corner so whether it is made just for them I don't know. I gave her some of the fish and turkey tonight, so will see how she gets on - it's quite pricey, but handy to have a supplier close by and nuggets defrost quickly. She certainly devoured it, but then eating is never a problem with her!

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2019, 09:40 »
Having a supplier close by is a bonus. No need to stockpile and if you are short of food, it’s easy to obtain. Also it is helpful to support  small businesses. I would be interested to know how your dog gets on with this food.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

Reggie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2019, 09:52 »
In terms of palatability - I have a dog who will literally eat anything, so not a good judge there! However, I will probably give her this for a few days each week to see how she gets on - I'll let you know how she gets on. She is liable to put on weight - Costswold Raw seemed to help with this whereas Nutriment tended to encourage a bit of weight gain.

xx
Natural Food Company causing odd runny bottom need 20% protein but good food!

Started by JacksMum

3 Replies
Last post Aug 09, 2017, 10:13
by dozemi
xx
All about our dog's DRY food -What type of DRY food are you feeding nowadays ?

Started by Meg

19 Replies
Last post Sep 09, 2019, 19:45
by Pam501
xx
Help find dog food using packaging as an aid? - so how is your dog food packed?

Started by Meg

12 Replies
Last post Jul 01, 2020, 15:58
by Dottie
xx
Food is Food? Apparently wrong.

Started by Shadowman12

4 Replies
Last post Nov 22, 2015, 19:46
by LS25Lee
xx
which food