Author Topic: Thinking of going combined raw and cold pressed. Advice needed  (Read 127 times)

MrsA2019

• View Profile
Hi,
I have an 8 week old Hungarian Vizsla puppy and after some research I am thinking of changing to a combined raw and cold pressed diet. Having done some research and taken advice I believe we may try nutriment and gentle. Are there any other combinations you could recommend. Or do you have any advice ? I want to give our puppy the best start and feel this maybe the way to go.
Any advice on how to go about moving over to this type of diet would be great. Would I need a probiotic to prepare the stomach?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Many thanks.

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hello and welcome to the forum. I have fed cold pressed food for quite some time but not in combination with raw. My understanding is that it does combine well with raw food.  I would be inclined to feed them at separate servings but to be sure, and to get the quantities right I think it would be appropriate to contact the companies to ask for advice.

Cold pressed food is dense so it is easy to overfeed. It is therefore best to weigh it, at least initially.  IIRC the amount needed for a pup is in the region of 2.5% of ideal body weight but this would need to be reduced if you supplement with raw food. As I said, please discuss with the customer support staff to be sure.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

xx
Advice needed please.

Started by gary38824

1 Replies
Last post Jan 15, 2018, 08:34
by Dottie
xx
Hello and advice needed

Started by vsg

6 Replies
Last post Feb 06, 2018, 08:14
by vsg