Author Topic: Vet Nick Thompson talks Raw Feeding  (Read 1119 times)

Seaweed

• View Profile
Vet Nick Thompson talks Raw Feeding
« on: Dec 27, 2018, 17:13 »
The Dog Education Project E2 Nick Thompson Raw Feeding - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCHXE8D9dng

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Vet Nick Thompson talks Raw and Fresh Food Feeding
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2018, 12:21 »
Thank you Seaweed. I have just started to watch it. I hope you don’t mind but I have amended the thread title slightly to include ‘fresh food’ because he is talking about this as well as raw food:
Improving your dogs nutrition could possibly be one of the most important things a vet can ever do for your dog. Holistic Vet Nick Thompson talks to us about his passion to improve canine welfare through raw and fresh feeding.
At the beginning of the video he mentions this and includes a reference to Natasha from Butternut Box.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

Seaweed

• View Profile
Re: Vet Nick Thompson talks Raw Feeding
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2018, 13:08 »
Thank you Dottie, thats better. Good to see Butternut Box there.

Anita...

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2018, 14:07 »
That was a great find Seaweed, thank you.
Certainly picked up a couple of good tips.
So instead of adding peas and carrots (sweet veg's) to my homecooked I'm going to choose cabbage or another green veg.

I don't feed any kibble at all now, just something raw in the morning like a chicken thigh, duck neck or a meaty beef or lamb bone and then homecooked in the evening.
The dogs appear to be thriving on it... and best of all clean teeth 

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2018, 14:08 »
Good post Anita. It’s great to hear that your dog is doing so well on a good diet.  :)

Nick predominantly talks of raw feeding presumably because it has been around a lot longer than fresh complete food products. Particularly useful is the piece on dental hygiene and kibble (27 minutes). I don’t fully agree with a few of the things he says but there is some good general information about diet and caring for your dog so it is well worth watching. A good link - thank you Seaweed.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

Seaweed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2018, 14:46 »
Thanks for posting Anita. As Dottie says it's good to hear your dog is doing so well on a good diet and the added bonus of lovely white teeth.

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2018, 15:03 »
There is a useful section on obesity dogs and cats and he mentions the role of carbohydrates and fat in the diet - it is at circa 38 minutes. It is challenging for those of us who have thought that low fat is needed to reduce weight.

Regarding his comments on raw feeding in the presence of immunodeficient persons, it is perhaps useful to check out this study by the University of Liverpool, Institute of Infection and Global Health:
Quote: ....it is recommended that, households which have very young or old members, or those who are immunocompromised and therefore more susceptible to illness should avoid feeding their animals raw meat diets completely.

xx
Dr. Nick Thompson, Raw Pet Nutrition

Started by Seaweed

0 Replies
Last post Sep 12, 2019, 15:25
by Seaweed
xx
Nestle Purina in “talks” with Champion Pet Foods

Started by Seaweed

2 Replies
Last post Dec 29, 2018, 19:23
by Seaweed
xx
Is raw feeding a risk to humans? (previously raw feeding with toddler)

Started by beaglescomeback

38 Replies
Last post May 13, 2017, 22:47
by Tinyplanets
xx
New to raw feeding

Started by Catflk

4 Replies
Last post Aug 06, 2019, 21:16
by Catflk
xx
Raw Feeding