Author Topic: Sign in  (Read 1463 times)

laurieandrews

• View Profile
Sign in
« on: Apr 07, 2015, 16:59 »
Can you tell me why I have to sign in with facebook or google  etc. when I want to reply to someone's comment. I don't like the idea of my information going to other people.
Thanks.

Dottie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sign in
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2015, 18:45 »
That's odd - I haven't experienced this myself.  TBH I don't know the answer to this question but I will pass the message on to David who is the administrator for the forum.
Your post and comments may be helpful to others. Please remember to update your thread. Feedback to the forum is appreciated.

David

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sign in
« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2015, 19:21 »
Good question Laurie. We used to allow 'guest' comments - i.e. comments without the need for logging in but after a legal case (nothing to do with us) in which a website was found liable for some libellous comments it hosted on the basis that they were provided anonymously, we had to tighten things up a bit to make sure that we didn't fall to a similar fate. You can still quickly and easily register an account with Discuss - the company that provide our comments boards. That way your Facebook and Google accounts won't enter the equation.