Raw Food reaction

Hello everyone! I’m new here :slight_smile:

So, I have two dogs (siblings from the same litter), that have a lot of behavior issues (littermate syndrome).

I have researched raw food and recently started 3 days ago. One dog reacted well to it (my boy), and the other dog (my girl) has had very frequent diarrhea everyday for the past 4 days.

So I’m not sure if anyone has experienced this too? Should I revert to kibble if they’re still not reacting well to it?

Thanks!!

Hello, It might be best to go back on the familiar food and see if the stomach issue resolves. You can always try something else later on when the stools return to normal. Personally, I have never had this issue with raw food.

Hello and welcome to the forum. You don’t mention the type of raw food that you are giving. IMHO it’s best to stick with the trusted companies who sell completes. This is particularly important with puppies. Without analysis of the stool it’s impossible to say what’s going on but campylobacter and salmonella would cause the symptoms you describe and are two bacteria that are found in raw meat and can infect the dog. My advice would be to stop raw feeding just for now and to take a stool sample to your vet. Pay scrupulous attention to hygiene because these bacteria are zoonotic ie they can be passed to humans.

I hope you manage ok with littermates. My personal advice would be never to keep two pups from the same litter. Sometimes it works, but often it causes friction. I am surprised the breeder did not mention this and discourage you from having two puppies.