In order to get the most out of the Review Generator, it's best to stick to the following guidelines:
In general, as long as the ingredients list is entered exactly as it appears on the packaging or on the manufacturer's website, the generator should provide a pretty good idea of how we would rate it.
We are, however, still working on this tool and although we are confident that it can cope with almost all ingredient formats, some errors may still occur. If in doubt, please make sure the ingredients list follows these criteria:
- The generated ratings are only applicable to complete foods and should not be used to rate treats, complementary foods or mixers.
- The generator is only suitable for UK ingredient lists. Since ingredient definitions vary from country to country, our interpretation of an ingredient list may not be applicable overseas.
- Ingredients must be separated by commas.
- Ensure you double check spelling as any errors may lead to an inaccurate rating.
- Ingredients must be listed in order of their percentage with the largest percentage coming first. If you have taken the ingredients directly from the food's packaging or from the manufacturer's website, this will usually be the case but where similar ingredients have been grouped together they may need separating in order to get an accurate rating.
For example, instead of
'Chicken (44%) (Chicken Meal 24%, Fresh Chicken 12.5%, Chicken Fat 5%, Chicken Gravy 2.5%), Brown Rice (23.5%), Barley (18%), Beet Pulp (7%)...
You should enter
'Chicken Meal 24%, Brown Rice (23.5%), Barley (18%), Fresh Chicken 12.5%, Beet Pulp (7%), Chicken Fat 5%, Chicken Gravy 2.5%...
- Try to make percentages as simple as possible. For example, '40% lamb (including 15% lamb meat, 10% heart and 10% liver)' would be much better listed as 'lamb (40%)'.
If you notice any errors at all, please let us know