Updated 06 Aug 2018
4.9

out of 5

Review

high meat content

High meat content

hypoallergenic

Hypoallergenic

natural

Natural

clear ingredients list

Clearly labelled

Over the last few years, the raw feeding movement has made enormous headway in the UK and one of the major reasons for its rapidy growing popularity is the emergence of readily available, pre-prepared, complete raw foods like Natural Instinct.

The extensive Natural Instinct range includes options for puppy, adult and senior lifestages as well as varieties for sensitive dogs and working dogs but here we will be looking exclusively at the four adult complete foods.

The first thing you'll notice about the Natural Instinct ingredients list is that it's short with just seven ingredients - but, boy, what a seven! The first ingredient in each variety is a whopping 80% top-quality, fresh, British meat and bone, all from named species. The remaining 20% is made up of six high-quality, highly nutritious fruits, vegetables and healthy supplements including salmon oil and seaweed. In our opinion, the ingredient list would ideally incude a few additional high-end ingredients to really ensure a comprehensive nutritional foundation but that's really just knit-picking.

The short ingredeints list, added to the fact that each variety only contains meat from one or two animal species can actually be a real bonus for dogs that are prone to digestive intolerance as the fewer the ingredients, the less chance there is of causing an upset. Natural instinct is also totally hypoallergenic and is free from any even remotely controversial ingredients and is completely grain free. All of this adds up to a food that is 100% biologically-apropriate - that is, a food where every ingreident is perfectly suited to the animal.

The raw feeding concept is based around the idea that a diet primarily consisting of uncooked meat and bones is much closer to the 'ancestral diet' of the dog and is therefore far healthier for them than cooked or processed foods. As you might expect, raw food therefore needs to be kept frozen which makes home-delivery a bit more tricky and means that it must be thawed overnight before feeding. These factors mean that raw feeding doesn't suit everyone but as the growing legions of raw feeders will testify, the pros of a healthy, bio-apropriate diet like Natural Instinct far outweigh the cons.

Conclusion: Very nearly the perfect raw food.

Similar foods

4.9

out of 5

Natural Instinct Senior
5.0

out of 5

Benyfit Natural Premium Blend
5.0

out of 5

Poppy's Picnic Complete Meals
5.0

out of 5

Cotswold Raw Less Active 70/30 Sausage
4.9

out of 5

Bella & Duke Adult Working Dog

Comments

Approved supplier

Natural Instinct - Superfood alternative to kibble and tinned pet food

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Site map | Contact Us

Copyright © 2018 David Jackson. All Rights Reserved. Company registered in Finland (why?) #2486782-1